Hi! My name is Matt, and I’m here to help grow your business.
Do you own, manage or run a professional services business?
What’s the state of your IT systems?
- Do they support your business?
- Do they support your staff?
- Do they enable your people to deliver great results to your clients as efficiently and quickly as possible?
- Do they enable your people to work from anywhere?
- Do they make life easier, for both you and your team?
- Does your team love the tools they have?
The IT industry is changing, and options that used to be reserved for the big players are now available to anyone. This is the power of The Cloud, and it marks a fundamental shift in the IT industry. The Cloud is levelling the playing field for businesses of all sizes. The very same software and tools that used to only be affordable by the biggest players in your industry are now available to anyone with a credit card and a laptop.
You may have heard about The Cloud, and wondered if it’s applicable to your business.
This is where I can help.
I work with companies and firms based all over Australia. I help business owners to review the current state of their IT systems and identify areas where the current technology is holding people back, and where we can improve either:
- Personal efficiencies – helping your team access the right information at the right time, to deliver world-class results for your clients. Ensuring your people have access to the tools they need to do an outstanding job for your clients.
- Time efficiencies – helping your team take advantage of new technology to streamline their time. The technology landscape has changed so rapidly – many of your clients now have a mobile phone or tablet that is more than capable of running a video call. Why not take advantage of this to reduce travel requirements? Your staff will be more productive (no lost travel time), their quality of life will improve (less time away from home) allowing you to recruit and retain the best, and most importantly of all, the clients receive a better class of service.
- Business efficiencies – helping your backoffice team provide the insight necessary to support and build your business. This could be as simple as changing the IT investment model from a stepped, large up-front cap-ex into a lean monthly per-user op-ex to improve cashflow, through to deploying backoffice financial or ERP systems that provide access to correct, up-to-date information from anywhere that empowers you to make the right calls.
On a business trip one day, I was talking to the cabbie who was driving me to the airport. He was a 72 year old man, who co-owned a very popular Brisbane bar and club (his business partner was 75). He liked driving cabs simply to chat with different people during the day. When he found out I was a cloud specialist, he was so excited, and proceeded to tell me how he had recently changed his financial software for the hotel to a cloud-based system. He could now simply pick up his tablet device at the breakfast table, and instantly see how much money the bar had made the previous night. He could keep tabs on stock levels during the day from his cab. And if he needed to make a call to a supplier, he had all his business contacts synced to his phone and could make the call whenever was convenient. Previously, to do any of that, he would have to physically go into the office. It had changed his life and unlocked his time. Now, he can run his business from anywhere.
This is the power of the cloud.
And what’s more, if a pair of 70+ year old fellows can do it, so can you.
But that’s just one example. I’ve gone all-in on cloud technology and systems myself. I run my entire business, helping people all over Australia, from my home base using a laptop, a mobile phone, and an internet connection. I work remotely with my clients all the time – Email, IM, phone calls or skype video meetings mean we can stay in touch just as easily as if we were in the same town. You get the benefit of being able to call me whenever you need, without the drawbacks of travel expense and lost time. That said, I still travel quite frequently (some things are best done face to face), and like to catch up with each of my clients whenever I’m in town.
Get in touch and we can have a free, no-obligation chat (either in person or via Skype) to understand where I’ll be able to help you and your team.